Evaluate the property and determine an accurate rental rate
- Perform detailed documentation of the interior and exterior including photos
- Offer recommendations on repairs and cosmetic improvements that maximize monthly rent while providing good ROI.
- Discuss with owners the pros and cons of different policies such as accepting pets, allowing smoking, etc.
Market the property for rent
- Prepare home for rent
- Create ads tailored to the property and advertising medium. Some commonly used
- Our Website
- Yard Signs
- Print Publications
Tenant Screening and Selection
- Perform a background check to verify identity, income, rental history, etc.
- Inform tenants of eligibility
- Inspect unit and fill out a report on the property's condition
- Draw up and complete leasing agreement
- Insure utilities are in tenant's name before keys are turned over to the tenant
- Collect first month's rent and security deposit
- Receiving rent
- Collecting late payments
- Sending out "pay or quit" notices
- Enforcing late fees
- Provide easy to read monthly cash-flow statements which offer a detailed breakdown of income and expenses
- Provide property owners with a check by the 10th of each month.
- Manage security deposit
Tenant Move- Out
- Inspect unit and fill out a report on the property's condition when the client moves out
- Provide tenant with a copy as well as an estimate of any damages
- Return the balance of the security deposit to the tenant
- Forward any portion of the tenant deposit to the owner or hold in the owner's reserves for repairs.
- Clean unit and perform any needed repairs.
- Re-key the locks as needed.
- Put the property back on the market for rent
- Filing relevant paperwork with the courts
- Representing owner in court
- Coordinating with law enforcement to remove tenant
- Storage of tenant's possessions as described by Indiana law
- Secure property after tenant has been removed
- Do move-out inspection
- File a damage report with the court if needed
- Perform periodic inspections (inside and outside) on a pre-defined schedule looking for repair needs, safety hazards, code violations, lease violations, etc.
- Send owner periodic reports on the condition of the property
Maintenance, Repairs, and Remodeling
- Provide 24/7 in-house maintenance
- Establish a preventative maintenance policy to identify and deal with repair needs
- Maintain a network of contractors who have been vetted for good pricing should outside services be needed
- Removing trash and debris
- Maintain and monitor a 24-hour emergency repair hotline
- Larger renovation or rehab projects
- Act as general contractor overseeing outside contractors
We charge a flat 10% of rent we collect.
If no income is being produced, you incur no fees for management services.